Rudra Yoga Study
Duration: 90 minutes / Price: $15
Take a moment out of the week to try on a new perspective based on the ancient wisdom of the great spiritual traditions. We begin with a short practice to settle our mind from the activities of the day, and then dive into the study, taking turns reading from our own books. We stop frequently to reflect on what we have read and how it is relevant to our lives now. We share in hearty discussions, insights and confirmations from our own experiences. The study follows and supports the tradition taken up in the current Rudra Yoga Course. We are now working with Red Hawk's book, Self-Remembering, which speaks primarily from the Sufi 4th Way tradition and sites various references from many other traditions and teachers followed in Rudra Yoga.
Core Teachings of the Traditions
Foundation / Hatha / Kundalini
- Path of Beginner's Mind
- Path of Breath, Posture & Mind
- Path of Unlocking Energy
Tantra / Tao / Sufi
- Path of Transforming Obstacles into Ability
- Path of Earth, Sky and Natural Cycles
- Path of the Heart
Tibetan & Bon Buddhism / Shamanic Yoga
- Path of Taming the Mind
- Path of Being of Service
- Path of Transformation
- Path of Letting Be
- Path of Awareness in Dream & Sleep
- Path of Awareness in Death
Who it's for
Those who enjoy philosophy and using one's mind and concepts to understand the path, or the many paths to Enlightenment, or even what Enlightenment actually is or is not, will enjoy and benefit from this study group.
Cultivate an Open, Clear Mind
- Experience Grounding through connecting to the spiritual roots of our planet.
- Experience Unity by the oneness of the teachings, all pointing to the same understanding and realization of an awakened state of being.
- Experience Wisdom in receiving a new perspective to understand our own internal struggles and how to move through.
- Experience Hope in receiving a new perspective to understand our external, cultural and global struggles and how to move through.
Choose your class date
Mind Beyond Death
by Dzogchen Ponlop
Ponlop is very thorough in his overview of the Buddhist Path and the various ways of relating to a mind that grasps and perceives as solid and unchangeable that which has no real substance and is perceived differently by different minds and states. By examining the explanations and techniques in this book, one will know how to experiment and play with perspective and possibility in all situations.
Choose your class date
We are starting a new book!
The Seven Mirrors of Dzogchen
by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
These teachings and commentary on an ancient Dzogchen text are fresh and practical for our increased ability to live in openness, curiosity, nourishing relationship and expanded awareness.